Pre Order Import on Order only
Delivery Time 25-30 Days
AGV and Valentino Rossi present the Pista GP R Winter Test 2019!
Because winter time is MotoGP test time and therefore time for Rossi's helmets in the winter test decor! The replica helmet by Valentino Rossis is now available in a strictly limited edition of 3000 pieces worldwide!
Valentino Rossi just headed down to the track for the first tests of the year with the brand-new Winter Test 2019 design, which will join the Doctor’s immense collection of AGV jewels. The Pista GP R will showcase neon colors like yellow, for which Rossi is known, as well as green, fuchsia and orange. The ever-present Sun and Moon are there as well, now stylized on the front of the shell with a thin yet visible blue line.
The Rossi/Drudi duo, who have been working together for more than twenty years, opted for a bright, eye-catching design that will grab attention on and off the track. The helmet’s design showcases large overlapping brushstrokes paired with the number 46, written in freehand script. Together, it makes for a dynamic design that stands out from the understated Sun/Moon version used during the last Championship.
Valentino himself stated that he is excited about the creation and shared the inspiration behind the special livery: "As for every season’s tests, I made a special helmet for this year as well. It’s always a great experience to work on a special edition. We try to find new ideas every time, but it’s not always easy. For this year’s helmet, we had a hard time making up our minds, but at some point I looked at Aldo and I asked him to do something for me—to do what we used to do, pick up a paintbrush and draw the helmet freehand, like in years past. And that’s what we did! At first, Aldo was hesitant, but then he started to have a blast. When all was said and done, it came out great. Because they’re drawn by hand, each helmet is unique."
Designed for the most demanding environments in the world, such as MotoGP tracks and superbike circuits. AGV Racing helmets are the product of choice for MotoGP riders: exceptionally lightweight yet extremely stable – even at top speeds – and made using high-tech materials that are the fruit of years of research and development.
Pista GP R is the ultimate track helmet, developed for AGV athletes in Moto GP and other racing championships: the same performance and protective technology used in premium racing is now available to racers worldwide. Developed under AGV’s Extreme Standards protocol, Pista GP R features a 100% Carbon shell layered with a 5-density EPS shell and a lightweight structure that strongly exceeds the regulatory safety requirements, combined with MotoGP-derived innovations such as an integrated hydration system, metal air vents and a wind tunnel-engineered "Biplano" aero spoiler.
A lightweight structure that strongly exceeds the regulatory safety requirements with a weight of only 1,350 g (smallest shell size). It boasts a 5-star rating from independent certifying body SHARP and is tested at 8.5 m/s. 4 dedicated shell sizes and 4 internal EPS sizes create a hyper compact structure that minimizes volume around the head.
- 100 % carbon fiber shell in 4 sizes with 5-density EPS structure in 4 sizes
- the shell shape minimizes the risk of impact energies being directed to the collarbone
- the rear form of the helmet has been designed to minimize interference with the racing suit in racing position
- integrated ventilation system (IVS) with metal ventilation slots and an innovative outer lamellar structure for maximum airflow detection
- the new PRO spoiler ensures excellent aerodynamic performance
- Moto GP-derived interior for maximum on-track performance with a patented structure that allows the rider to optimize the fit
- Moto GP derived hydration system
- 5 mm Class 1 Optic Visor with 100 % Max Vision Pinlock®
- patented Visor Lock System (VLS)
- Double D retention system
- The limited edition features the design of Valentino Rossi's helmet - except the logos of other sponsors and the components and accessories of the visor.
- There are no Monster logos on the helmet and no sponsor stickers on the visor.
- Since the original helmet of Valentino Rossi is a hand-painted unique, it may look slightly different.
- 1 x AGV Pista GP R helmet
- 1 x Pinlock lens
- 3 x tear-off
- 1 pair of covers for the air intakes, large
- 1 x cover for the air intakes, small
- 1 x Camelback Big Bite Valve mouth piece for hydration system
- 1 x terry cloth insert
- 1 pair of 3M earplugs
- 1 x AGV sticker, large
- 1 x AGV sticker, small
- 1 x silicon oil for visor mechanics